ASCE presents nearly 100 Society awards every year, recognizing civil engineers who advance the profession either through achievement or published papers.
The most recent Society awards are:
• Ares J. Rosakis, Ph.D., M.ASCE, NAE, with the 2020 Zdeněk P. Bažant Medal for Failure and Damage Prevention
• George R. Ruchti Jr., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Stephen D. Bechtel Pipeline Engineering Award
• Dan M. Frangopol, Sc.D., P.E., F.SEI, F.EMI, Dist.M.ASCE, with the 2020 Alfred M. Freudenthal Medal
• Yozo Fujino, Ph.D., with the 2020 George W. Housner Structural Control and Monitoring Medal
• Glaucio H. Paulino, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE, with the 2020 Raymond D. Mindlin Medal
• Qiu-Sheng Li, Ph.D., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Robert H. Scanlan Medal
• Katepalli R. Sreenivasan, Ph.D., NAE, with the 2020 Theodore von Karman Medal
Learn more about the full array of annual ASCE awards and how you can nominate worthy recipients.