Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many ASCE activities have transitioned to a virtual format. This includes the 2021 Legislative Fly-In, which will focus on sharing the grades and recommendations from the 2021 Report Card for America’s Infrastructure.
ASCE has honored Adel Emadzadeh and Yee-Meng Chiew, Ph.D., M.ASCE, with the 2021 Karl Emil Hilgard Hydraulic Prize for the paper “Settling Velocity of Porous Spherical Particles,” published in the January 2020 issue of Journal of Hydraulic Engineering.
ASCE members elected to Fellow status have made celebrated contributions and developed creative solutions that have enhanced lives. Just 3 percent of Society members hold this prestigious honor.
The most recent members elevated to Fellow are:
• Cary H. Beatisula, P.E., F.ASCE
• Tong Guo, Ph.D., C.Eng, F.ASCE
• David P. Kozman, P.E., F.ASCE
• Feniosky Peña-Mora, Sc.D., P.E., F.ASCE
• Laurence R. Rilett, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE
• Aleksandar Stevanovic, Ph.D.,...