ASCE presents nearly 100 Society awards every year, recognizing civil engineers who advance the profession either through achievement or published papers.
The most recent Society awards are:
• Peter J. Vickery, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, with the 2020 Jack E. Cermak Medal
• Burcu H. Akinci, Ph.D., M.ASCE, with the 2020 Computing in Civil Engineering Award
• Brent Sherwood, A.M.ASCE, with the 2020 Columbia Medal
• Y. Richard Kim, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, with the 2020 Francis C. Turner Award
• Satish Nagarajaiah, Ph.D., F.ASCE, with the 2020 Nathan M. Newmark Medal
• Vineet R. Kamat, Ph.D., M.ASCE, with the Peurifoy Construction Research Award
• Yan Liu, Ph.D., and Dan M. Frangopol, Sc.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE, with the 2020 Raymond C. Reese Research Prize
• Ibrahim S. Abotaleb, Ph.D., EIT, A.M.ASCE, and Islam El-adaway, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, with the 2020 Thomas Fitch Rowland Prize
• David F. Garber, P.E., F.ASCE, with the 2020 Surveying and Mapping Award
Learn more about the full array of annual ASCE awards and how you can nominate worthy recipients.